Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Dining Room: Silk and Poofs

Here's a view of our little dining room.  Last year, I finally got the pink (faux) silk drapes I'd been dreaming of pairing with warm yellow walls for years.  I like a bit of elegance in a dining room, but I like some whimsy, too.



The "Silk" lends the elegance while Tissue Poofs provide that sort-of jaunty element - they're a little unexpected and playful. To make them I followed the simple tutorial found HERE.  Martha's just plain smart about these types of things. 




I made the poofs around Christmas time and many guests assumed they were part of my holiday decoration - but no, they're quite permanent... as permanent as anything is in my house.







View Today's Post {HERE}





4 comments:

  1. They are perfect! I love the mix of elegance and playfulness. Those drapes are GORGEOUS!
    http://www.lovelycraftyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those poofs! they are so cute!!! love their whimsicalness. is that a word? haha oh well. you get the idea

    I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/your-whims-wednesday-2-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the poofs and the curtains, Cailan ~ very elegant and yet fun. And I was so happy to see the lovely yellow birdcage again... such happy memories!
    love you!
    ~Jaimee

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty... i'm curious how you attached the poofs to the ceiling?

    ReplyDelete