Friday, September 9, 2011

Pillow Talk


Awhile back I wrote about the magical effect a little lampshade change-up had in our master bedroom.  

Well now, some new pillows have me falling back in love with my sofa. 



First let me introduce you to our sofa.  When my sweetheart and I moved into our first apartment we had no table and only one chair between us - an old recliner from my grandparents.   After about three months of hanging out on the floor and taking turns in the recliner, we gathered our funds together and made our first furniture purchase - this sofa.  It's the only new piece of furniture we've bought and was quite the investment for us, not to mention a considerable decision for me to make in my first days of homemaking. 




She's already been through lots of spills, wear and tear in the last five years.  She's become rather lumpy.   But we're counting on her holding up for a good many years to come - the point is that this is no time to be falling out of love with my sofa.  And really there was no reason too.  Just like the lamps, this couch still has loads of potential....
She just needed some new accessories. 



Voila!  New pillows.  I can't even begin to tell you how happy these are making our family room.  The colors and textures so perfectly tweak that olive green, the sofa almost feels brand-new.

I was instantly smitten with the blue/green poof at Urban Outfitters - I love the shape and knew the color would look great with the curtains in this room.  
The yellow roses almost found me.  Honest,  I wasn't even looking for pillows at Target, but there she was all by her lonesome on a Clearance end-cap for 50% off - I couldn't believe it. 


So again I ask you, What around your home just needs little facelift to feel lovely again?


See more of our home {HERE}





15 comments:

  1. LOVE these pillows and the color combinations. who knew your couch could be so cool?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally stunning! Your sofa is amazing. I thought it was an original antique. It totally has a timeless look. And your pillows are the perfect compliment!

    Had to share your beauty in FJI Facebook for SNS 98. :)

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150358677781141&set=a.192514281140.164586.175378011140&type=1&theater

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you much, Donna! So appreciate your sweet feedback! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLO! That couch is amazing! Your new pillows look great. I'm in complete love with your couch! Is it for sale ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Stopping by from Serenity Now. Those pillows are fabulous =) My living room sofa could use something/anything to make it lovely! Perhaps I should try some pillows.
    ~Kelly @ Corner of Main

    ReplyDelete
  6. You picked well for your first major furniture purchase. It looks wonderful with it's new pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pillows look amazing - I love the rosettes & the richness of the teal poof. Can I ask where you got your curtains? They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you much, Carrie! You can see how I made these no-sew curtains here:

    http://everyday-lovely.blogspot.com/2011/05/make-yourself-some-lovely-curtains-no.html

    The fabric was from Hobby Lobby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pillows are the perfect accent for your beautiful sofa. What a great combination of colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that's the easiest and most gratifying (instant) way to spruce up a couch... I love the peacock and mustard yellow pillows ... they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK. I love your sofa and would love to know where you purchased it from. We are looking to buy within the next 6 months. Also, luv those pillows. I too have the yellow ones and they just make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Heather, This sofa is a Broyhill - we purchased it at little store in Iowa five years ago...I would think you could still find something with similar lines, but keep in mind that this couch does get lumpy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have one of those yellow rosette pillows from Target and its literally one of my favorite things ever. Ive joked with my husband that if the house were on fire and I knew they were all safe, Id grab that pillow:)
    Love the combo of colors AND your couch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. mmmmm, mmm, mm. throw pillows. something men will NEVER understand. lovely, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i adore the way all three of those colors are working together. a-dore!

    ReplyDelete