Thursday, September 22, 2011

Exceedingly Good Oatmeal Cookies


 At no other time of the year does some oatmeal sweetness seem more "right" than in the Fall.  
It's a perfect match for cooler, cozier days. 

  Today I'm sharing my all-time favorite absolutely delicious Oatmeal Cookie Recipe.  
 The secret to this recipe is the soaking of the raisins.




 "the best" Oatmeal Cookies

3 eggs, well beaten
1 cup raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups oatmeal
3/4 cup chopped pecans

1. Combine eggs, raisin, vanilla and let stand for one hour, covered with plastic wrap. 
2. Cream together butter and sugars. 
3. Add flour, salt, cinnamon and soda to sugar mixture. Mix well.
4. Blend in egg-raisin mixture, oatmeal, and chopped nuts.  Dough will be stiff.
5. Drop in heaping teaspoons onto cookie sheet or roll into balls and flatten slightly.
6. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.


See my other tried-n-true recipes {HERE}.

Hope you enjoy!



P.S.  Had to add a little FYI - I was just at Target and they have some great clearance stuff right now.  Tons of great deals in bedding: items from Shabby Chic, Fieldcrest, and kid's bedding 75% off.  And be sure to check out those endcaps!





{Linking to Bowl Full of Lemons}

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cailan! These look delicious and I am baking some up today! My sister is home from the hospital with new baby after 31 days there....I think these cookies are just what she needs! Have a great day!

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! I hope you and your sister enjoy them, and just so you know I substitute whole-wheat flour for regular and they turn out great. Hope you have a beautiful day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...these look so good! I totally agree that soaking the raisins make them taste so much better than if they weren't!!!
    gatheredinthekitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm...these oatmeal cookies do indeed look delicious! I'm baking banana bread right now, but think I'll NEED to make these cookies, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete