Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Time to Write a Note


If you're like me, you have family and friends that you love very much indeed, but don't get to see very often.  
Perhaps even you didn't see them the whole summer long!  Oh dear.

Well then, it is high time we jotted them a little note.  Who doesn't love to get a letter in the mailbox? 



Make their day by including a few summer photos of  your kiddos, your family, or your nice little pet.
I like to add a white border around the photos, like I do for my Photo Gallery, as it seems to make the picture feel more like a Gift - like it would look pretty on a bulletin board.  This is easily added at a print shop online like Walgreens or you can add it beforehand with Picnik (Go to "Edit" and "Frames").




 A few years ago I got these little note cards that have a frame in the front you can slide a picture into.   They're nice as the recipient has the option to take the photo out if they like.   Surely they would be easy to make.  But today we're not exactly about creating, we're about writing.



   Resist the tendency to get weighed down with sheets of stationery and lists of things to catch up on - unless you have some extra time, then by all means write on!  

I try very hard to remember that a short note, is better than no note.  Consider sticking to your sweet-n-small cards and getting a nice stack of cheerful notes written in one sitting.



Also consider doing this again sooner than later.  :)
{note to self}

For an extra little boost you might enjoy reading 
"Letter Writing: A Daily Opportunity" {HERE}








4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous post!
    So that's why I had to let you know that you are sweetly irresistible!
    So go to
    http://covertocoverandbetween.blogspot.com/2011/09/youre-irresistibly-sweet-you-know-that.html
    to see your AWARD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! I'm definitely more of a snail mail girl vs. and email girl. Just yesterday - I was cleaning out some boxes and found a little stash of cards & stationary I had from my college days...looking forward to adding them them back into the rotation.

    Your blog is super sweet - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you! I get so excited when something other than a bill comes in the mail! My kiddos and I are always sending out cards!
    gatheredinthekitchen.com

    ReplyDelete