Monday, January 2, 2012

Bit of Redecorating Fun

 

 Look!  It's a wee little Everyday Lovely button!
{not fully activated yet...getting to that part momentarily}

 So yesterday you may have noticed I did a bit of redecorating.   Quite thrilling as I had been hoping for something just so ever since making my original header in Picnic when I started this little blog last March.   

My new header was made by the talented Jenna of q.a.designs.  

 

Up until now I had done all my extremely basic blog design myself.  I wanted something more reflective of my taste {not my design skill level} but I was a bit skeptical how well working with someone via email on a design concept would go.  

Jenna was so lovely to work with.  I was rather particular and had a rather specific idea in mind, and she was so patient and altogether forbearing.  Early in the process, I knew I wanted some kind of curvy frame for the title and Jenna directed me to istock.com to look for one.   I showed her an idea that I wasn't very sold on and she replied in an email that "yes that will work great but i definitely want you to find one you love."

Knowing that she was dedicated to coming up with something I loved - not just was contented with - encouraged me so much early on in the process that by the end I would have something that really fit me.   So yes, she was wonderful to work with.


For now I just did a new header and this little logo/potential button, but I very much look forward to doing a bit more in the way of a header and perhaps wallpaper? with Jenna as time {and funds} allow.  ; )

You can find Jenna's site and all her lovely designs {HERE}.



7 comments:

  1. Hi Cailan. Your new look header is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the link to Jenna's site. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cailan...your new header is beautiful and so "you"!! I just love it and I am excited to see what else you do:). I really want to give my blog a little different look, too:).

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love it! So very pretty, friend!!!

    ~Jaimee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Cailan!! Such a wonderful design make-over. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it! it is very much you! cute, clean and fresh :)

    ReplyDelete