Monday, March 26, 2012

party time

Last week, the day our house closed we celebrated my oldest boy's 5th birthday.  It was angry bird birthday party.  I am not one bit fond of these birds.  It was a party truly for my child - not for me (though I suppose I added my own touches ;)


I made the angry bird cupcakes.


 I hadn't even started decorating until after we signed the contract to sell our house at 3:30, so it was a bit rushed, but Sister came over to help and we managed to pull it together festively enough.


 And he was thrilled.

 

 

All the funny, sweet cousins.


loved using these empty Frappaccino Starbuck's bottles for milk, with stripey straws, of course.


 We set up a table in the sunroom for the party - don't know why I hadn't thought to do it before - the light was so nice.



And look! we even managed a family picture!  too bad I'm the only one looking in the "right" direction ; )


So thankful for five years with this little man. 


And yes, very glad I gave him the angry bird party of his little boy dreams.  



10 comments:

  1. How sweet!
    What a fun and loving Mama you are.
    You managed to make even an angry birds party look fabulous.
    That first photo of him says it all.
    Love from,
    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun ... and a sweet twist on those angry birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that is so so cute!

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. way too cute, Cailan! Elias looks SO happy :-) Just love his smiling face. You did a beautiful party for him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could say you're the only one looking in the wrong direction. :o) It's a sweet picture & very good of all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great party!
    it's moments like those they will never forget! :)
    great job!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son is so cute and looks so very happy. Great photos! Sending happy birthday wishes,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!!! It's way past their bedtime, but I had to show this to my boys! Thye went crazy...hahahaha!

    Great job. We love angry birds around these parts:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and happy belated birthday to your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is AWESOME!! my kids would die over this party! awesome job, mama :)

    ReplyDelete